Monday, November 12, 2012

Every day of Thankful

On Facebook everyone is doing the 30 days of Thankful thing, where every day you post something you're thankful for labled; Day 1 ____________

It's not that I'm not thankful for so many things every single minute of my life, but I have a hard time just picking one each day and assigning it to that day.  I know I'm over thinking the whole thing.  I would like to sit here and reflect on what I'm thankful for, some of the things that have crossed my mind the past few days that I haven't written down yet.

I am forever "liking" these pages that are the sad stories of babies or children suffering from a childhood disease and looking for prayers and a cure.  My heart breaks, and tears fall from reading these stories.  I am so thankful for the health of my children, and I'm thankful that these parents have outlets to which they can go for the love and support that they are receiving from all of us.  The hardest part for me (and I have it so easy in this) is making that connection with these children, something in their lives that is mentioned in a post that relates to me or my children.  Mom will post about a favorite movie of her childs, or in the about section of the page the child shares a birthday with one of mine.  Of course, these are not the only things that hit home with me, just being a parent hits hard, but these are the things that make that one specific connection that gets the tears rolling.  I am thankful that these children have so many people, absolute "strangers", that are completely in love with them and follow their stories on a day to day basis...crying and laughing, sharing and keeping us aware of our own lives and situations.  I am thankful that these stories have stopped me in my tracks from complaining about my own life.  I'm thankful for everything I have, every experience and memory, and every day that I am not sure I have to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment